Tuesday, October 31, 2006

#16 Wikis

I listened at a slideshow presentation about wikis [Wikis: a Beginner’s Look] and looked at the “Book Lovers Wiki” from Princeton Public Library. I liked how the coverage seemed quite thorough although more so effectively wide-reaching with a useful section of book reviews (including 5 star, classics, contemporary fiction and non-fiction). It doesn’t include ethnic (i.e. African-American titles) or graphic novels for instance. The book review webpage arrangement is great with a star rating, book cover, author, review and the reviewer’s name. Additionally, I looked at the “Book Discussion Group at the Library” under the “Navigate to” guide. If offered additional information book lovers, in this case for book clubs. I can borrow possible book club titles from here I believe. I also peeked at the SJCPL Subject Guides – a pathfinder wiki developed by the St. Joseph County Public Library system. The law section looked quite impressive.

The entries I mentioned previously are interesting and good applications to work for a wikis in a library.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home